It seems unbelievable that there was a time in my life when I wondered if I would be blessed with a child.
Motherhood has been the biggest game-changer in my life.
I am not alone in feeling this way.
The deeply personal yet universal experience of motherhood is a transformative one.
Over the years I have written a lot about motherhood.
Here is a collection of eight essays that you may enjoy:
1. The rocky road to motherhood – Published on Medium
2. How cultural nuances shape motherhood – Published in my book of essays titled Train Friends
3. The contraindications of motherhood – Originally published in San Jose Mercury News, California
4. About my mother, the mathematician – Published in Khabar Magazine
5. Prioritising writing amidst the other demands of mothering – Published in The Curious Reader
6. Every child is brought up by an army of well-wishers – Published in India Currents, California
7. Answering the toughest question of all, from your own child – Published in Mutha magazine
8. Becoming a link between the past and the future
The eighth essay on motherhood that was featured in The Straits Times, Singapore on 9 May 2021.
9. How not to be a superhero and other lessons from my mothering journey
Stay tuned for details on my social media platforms.
And – Happy Mother’s Day!!
Do share your stories, either as a child or a parent, in comments. I will be thrilled to hear from you.
Photo credit Ranjani Rao